Built in 1918, Council Oak is the oldest school still in operation in the state of Oklahoma. Thanks to the support of Tulsa voters in the 2015 Bond, Council Oak received a full interior renovation and is a safe, welcoming, modern, comfortable, and thriving community where students learn and grow.
At Council Oak Elementary School, the 2021 Bond for Tulsa Public Schools includes:
- New playground structures, a digital marquee, and parking lot improvements;
- New educational and instructional technology for every class;
- New equipment, materials, and resources for fine arts and physical education; and
- Safe, comfortable, and environmentally sustainable transportation.
|PROPOSITION 1: SAFE LEARNING
- Security cameras and radios
- Safe entry and door access control
- Parking lot, sidewalk, and exterior LED lighting
|PROPOSITION 2: STUDENT AND CLASSROOM TECHNOLOGY
- Network and systems upgrades
- Student and teacher technology
- Digital marquee
|PROPOSITION 3: TRANSPORTATION
Funding from Proposition 3 will ensure that all students have access to safe, comfortable, and dependable transportation.
|PROPOSITION 4: QUALITY LEARNING MATERIALS AND PROGRAMS
- Textbooks and learning materials
- Library digital and print resources
- School projects funds
- Wellness and physical education