digital school flyers
Families can find and view e-fliers from our school, and school sponsored affiliates, with immediate access to sign-up for activities and events. Fliers will be sent electronically as well as posted on our website. This “green” initiative will save not only our planet, but also our school paper and reduce copy costs.
Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Classroom visitations are, at times, requested by parents/guardians. These visits must be arranged 24 hours in advance. Because visitors can affect all children, we request that other children not be brought to a visit. The pre-arranged visitations should be limited to 30-45 minutes.
Parent teacher conferences
Parent-Teacher conferences are of great value. We rely on these conferences to supplement report cards, progress reports and other forms of written communication between children, families and educators. Mid-semester, each fall and spring, classroom educators organize work samples in an effort to provide each family with a complete portfolio of his/her child's academic performance. Additional conferences may be arranged, upon request and by appointment with your child's educator. To maintain high-quality instruction, please do not confer with your child's educator while class is in session.
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.
The Weekly Bulletin for Council Oak families is sent home at the end of each week via email and/or hard copy. The Bulletin includes a calendar of events for the upcoming week, as well as announcements and newsworthy items. Please be sure to check your email each week to learn more about classroom and school wide events.